Petit Lulu Pull Up Cover
£12.50 – £13.50
Petit Lulu Pull Up Cover is a waterproof but breathable cover/wrap with super soft fleece leg and waist cuffs.
Spend over £50 use code 5PC at checkout for 5% off. Spend over £100 use code 10PC at checkout for 10% off
Petit Lulu Pull Up Cover is a waterproof but breathable cover/wrap.
Petit Lulu Pull up PUL cover is just like their popular wool pull on covers but this one is made of PUL with fleece cuffs so you have the ease and convenience of washable PUL. No velcro or snaps to fiddle with – just pull it up and go! These are proving very popular particularly as a night time wrap over the bulkier bamboo and cotton nappies. The gentle leg binding the fleece cuffs offer is also brilliant for sensitive skin with no ‘tight leg elastic marks’. And of course they come in the wonderful range of patterns and high quality material and manufacture that Petit Lulu are well known for.
The fit of the pull on covers is loose, to a degree a bit like the famous Motherease Airflow wrap so please don’t try and make this wrap really snug because it is meant to be a bit loose so it covers the nappy well and leaves a big gap between edge of nappy and edge of wrap, therefore minimising leaks. Petit Lulu say you can just air the wrap and wash weekly but if you prefer you can wash a bit more regularly as per normal PUL wraps- ie after three to four uses
Available in 4 sizes for perfect fit: S, M, L, XL.
No Hook & Loop or snaps to fiddle with – just pull it up and go!
|Size||Weight||Waist Girth||Thigh Girth||Rise*|
|Small||ca. 4-7 kg||30-40 cm||16-24 cm||46 cm|
|Medium||ca. 6-10 kg||34-44 cm||20-26 cm||51 cm|
|Large||ca. 9-13 kg||36-50 cm||24-32 cm||56 cm|
|X-Large||ca. 12 kg+||38-54 cm||26-40 cm||60 cm|
*Rise is including the fleece cuff.
Material: 100% polyester (laminated with polyurethane), fleece cuffs.
The fleece cuffs are very sensitive to child’s legs and tummy – no marks on the skin. The fleece is also a great insulator – no leaking or soaking.
This cover has medium-wide shape and is suitable primarily for fitted nappies, but can work with squares or prefolds, too (when fastened by snappi). It is easy to put on – even on a very active child.
Washing instructions and care guide from PETIT LULU
Washing and first time use
- Wash before first use to remove any residues from production process.
- It may take 6 – 10 washes to reach the bamboo’s maximum absorbency. So don’t be surprised at the beginning – it will improve along the way.
- Wash at 60°C !!! Lower temperatures won’t fully destroy the ammonia.
- No bleach, no softener !!! WARNING : Read carefully ingredients of your washing detergent.
- It is not necessary to make any special soap slime – standard baby washing detergent is good enough. We do not recommend using eco-friendly detergents – they often cannot sufficiently wash the ammonia out.
- Do not overload your washing machine or the nappies won’t get washed and rinsed sufficiently.
- Adjust the washing detergent dosage according to your water hardness (overdose causes clogging of the Hook & Loop).
- The Covers should not be spin-dried at more than 1 000 RPM.
- Line-drying is the ideal way as the sun sanitises and bleach out any remaining stains. Place the inner side of the nappy facing the sun. If you leave the insert snapped-in, you will save one pin 🙂
- Tumble drying, if necessary, is ONLY possible at LOW , but is not recommended as it will definitely shorten the nappy lifespan – perishing of the elastics, tears in the outer printed material. However, you must not tumble dry the Covers, Minimal Nappies and Changing Mats !!! Always remember, that you should treat the PUL material in the same way as for example your softshell jacket.
- Drying on heater is ONLY possible for Inserts, Boosters and Prefolds. The heat would damage the waterproof PUL layer of Covers, Minimal Nappies and Changing Mats. In case of Birth to Potty & Newborn Nappies, SIO basics, the elastics would get loose. Remember, that if you dry on heater too often, the nappies will get hard and rough.
3. Storing of Dirty Nappies
- Definitely Dry Pail – no soaking !!! Soaking destroys the bamboo fiber.
- Use flushable or fleece liners (placed in between the nappy and baby’s bottom) for easy disposal of solids and protection of the nappy from unwashable stains.
- Do not store dirty nappies for too many days. They should be washed in 2-3 days maximum.
- Keep the pail clean !
4. Various Tips&Warnings
- When washing, fasten the Hook & Loops into the counterparts that are hidden under the nappy “ears” (the hooks won’t collect dirt nor tear the threads off).
- Always wash and dry the Birth to Potty Nappy and Covers with the snaps undone (i.e. at the maximum size).
- When line-drying the Birth to Potty Nappies, they should hang from the nappy “head” (where the long loop band is) to prevent them from twisting.
- To disinfect your washing machine, once a month, let it run idle at 90°C and use vinegar instead of washing detergent. Once in 2 weeks, add a disinfectant to the washing.
- Remember, that especially for Covers, Minimal Nappies and Changing Mats the machine washing is more gentle than hand washing !!! By rubbing in hands, the PUL layer gets damaged. Again : you should treat the PUL material in the same way as for example your softshell jacket.
- Always undo the snaps very carefully by placing your fingers as close as possible to the snap, or the snaps will tear-off or the material around the snap will get torn. This mechanical damage is not claimable.